Sunday, July 19, 2009

County Fair

This weekend was the Gallatin County Fair right here in Bozeman. I went this morning because it was FREE admission day.


There was a rodeo scheduled. It was some girls (maybe junior/senior high) doing barrel racing. Now for those of you who don't know what barrel racing is, it is when you ride your horse around 3 barrels. But you have to go in a certain pattern. You can lose points for not following the pattern. I think their moms were the announcers and there were many comments about how nice a rider's helmet was, and how cute that the rider's shirt matched the horse's leg wraps, and oh no she lost her hat/headband, etc.









The 4H had barns full of animals being judged. I did not go into most of them because they were smelly. OK, so I am not a total farm girl. It was fun to look at the chickens/hens/roosters. I love the hairdo on this guy!










Other displays included plants, art, food, etc. I got a free shirt from the MDT (Montana Department of Transportation) who were there promoting seat belts. I wear mine every time I am in the car and I make my passengers buckle up as well. Do you?






There was an interdenominational church service put on by the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys. That was fun to go to even though there were no cowboys there. Where are they all??? The leader is running a rodeo Bible camp here in town next week.



Thus ended my weekend time off. We're expecting about 40 campers here this week. I see a group of them playing on the field outside my window right now. Please keep us all in prayer: that the Holy Spirit will fill this place, that we will work enthusiastically and safely, and that our desire to serve the Lord and see kids get saved will leave Satan shaking in his boots.
I have a lot more pictures posted on Facebook. If you're not on Facebook and would like to see them, email me and I'll send you links to access them!

No comments: