Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day Off

I did not have to work at all yesterday (Andrea, thank you sooo much for that blessing!) so I went out exploring. No specific itinerary, just got in the car and started driving. Thankfully my Echo has been averaging 37 mpgs out here so I don't have to feel too guilty about driving around aimlessly.


First stops were at garage sales. My car just follows the neon arrows alomost automatically! Couldn't resist looking around and picked up a couple of small things.


Then I went and got my first Montana bagel and it was pretty good. Slightly smaller than NJ's but very similar texture.




The road trip brought me to Livingston, MT. There was a railroad history museum there, which normally would not interest me but it was free so I decided to go in.






I walked around their historic downtown. Lots of little stores to stop in. One street had several thrift/consignment/resale/antique shops.







Next stop in town was Sacajawea Park, where they were having Summerfest. There was an old car show and lots of vendors. I treated myself to a necklace/earring set.









The park is located along the Yellowstone River. I spent some time sitting on a bench there just relaxing and praying. It was quite peaceful despite the crowd. I had a cherry-lime shaved ice to help beat the heat.





Downtown Bozeman had crazy days sidewalk sale this weekend so I then went to check that out. I got a big box of beads in a storage container for out craft shop and a t-shirt for myself. All that for $10. Sweet deal.
Next stop was Target. Best thing I found there was a new kind of laundry detergent sheet with fabric softener and anti-static stuff built in. Now, I realize that this is not a big deal for most people but since I am allergic to most fabric softeners it made me very happy. I don't even like the smell of them or the artificial "cotton blossom" or "clean laundry" candle/air freshener scents. Anyway, this one is labeled as clinically proven to be hypoallergenic. Can't wait to try it tonight.
Final stop was for dinner at MacKenzie River Pizza. I had half of a personal size Thai chicken pie. It was good.

No comments: