Today I had the chance to visit 3 more skill builder classes.

The archery class was having a "shoot off". The leader had strung plastic milk jugs filled with water from a clothesline in front of the regular targets. Altogether the boys got about 8 arrows through them. Impressive!
The riflery class wa
s shooting rifles (I know, no surprise there). I got to shoot
a round as well - from a chair,not on the ground. The boy who carried in my paper target was very excitedly telling me that I had a hit. Whoo-Hoo. Very exciting only until the instructors informed me that the hole was way too small to be from my bullet. I think the boy poked a hole with his fingernail or something. Hmm....pity points given by an 11 year old...good enough for me. I was allowed to keep my shell casing and was promised an adult lesson on another day!
The camp craft (camping skills) class was learning how to tie knots today. This leader has a tremendous amount of patience to be teaching these little girls how to tie fancy knots when they only want to use them for bracelets! Boys in the class were wanting more fire-building skills.
The riflery class wa
One of the activity directors tried to talk me into participating in a game of paintball. Sounds like fun except that running, being hit, and getting dirty are all on my top 10 list of least-favorite things. Maybe by the end of the Summer. Keep praying. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment