After Indiana, I decided (with much help from Denise) to head down to St. Louis.


First I had to pass through Illinois. There I visited a farm that Abraham Lincoln used to live on.
In St. Louis, I saw the arch which is known as "Gateway to the West". How appropriate for me to stop there on my way West! It was quite impressive. I took a tram ride to the top and there were some great views. Since it was a windy day I could actually feel the structure swaying a bit.
One of the tour books recommended trying Gooey Louie's award winning butter cake as a must-see/do/have in the area. They make about 20 flavors daily, and even close to closing time I was able to get one (okay, 2) fresh from the oven. These small ones are about 4" square and come packed with a tiny spoon. This reminds me that I still have one left to eat.
Heavy rains and scary lightning (I'm a sissy) brought the evening drive to an early end.
No comments:
Post a Comment