I drove 434 miles today, although it feels like much more. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day that I spent some time sightseeing. There's a place in Archbold, Ohio called Sauder Farm and Craft Village. It's kind of a mix between Lancaster and Williamsburg. Lots of little historical old-fashioned buildings and shops. Oh, and an incredible bakery and $1. ice cream scoops. YUM! Just down the street is the Candy Cane Christmas Shoppe. Their motto is "Keeping Christ in Christmas all year long".


Illinois was next. They did not have a welcome sign on the highway. How rude! I wanted to drive around downtown Chicago but there was a lot of traffic and I started in a "scary" area so I just changed my mind and got back on the higway. I did see Oprah's studio though. Not that I watch her show but those of you who do can go right ahead and be impressed.

The Ohio landscape was very bucolic, lots of farm lands. I used a tremendous amount of self-control to bypass the many garage sales I passed along the way.
Indiana was next after Ohio. No stops there.
Illinois was next. They did not have a welcome sign on the highway. How rude! I wanted to drive around downtown Chicago but there was a lot of traffic and I started in a "scary" area so I just changed my mind and got back on the higway. I did see Oprah's studio though. Not that I watch her show but those of you who do can go right ahead and be impressed.
I'll try to get the rest of the pictures on Facebook soon. Here's another beautiful sunset. Nice thing about driving West is that you spend about 2 hours driving off into the sunset. Such beauty in creation. Good job, God!
I'm in the central time zone now. That gives me an extra hour to plan for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment