Another beautiful day and some great sights along the way.
First...crossed over the Mississippi River into Iowa.
(picture is not so great because I took it while driving on the bridge)
There was a nice Southern-style riverboat docked there. It's a casino now.
Don't worry...I did not gamble all my support money away : )
Saw the world's largest truck stop.
Visited the Herbert Hoover Library Museum.
They had a great "Iowa from A to Z exhibit".
Up next was a drive through Madison County.
I found one of the bridges and John Wayne's home.
Even more exciting was this momma deer feeding her little one!
It took a long time to get across the state, and then up North to where
I should have been in the first place. (still trying to figure out how I got off route)
Finally got to South Dakota.
Had a good dinner at Taco John's and was ready to call it a night.
2 comments:
glad ur having a good time, yea i was wondering about the road u were traveling when u were in Iowa cause that's still 80 not 90 glad u found it though lol keep taking pics be safe
i am so jealous of your road trip!!
Post a Comment