Breakfast is served at 8 so I need to be in the kitchen around 6:30 to get it going.
If the meal is cleaned up quickly, and there's not too much lunch prep to be done I get to sit in on most of the Joshua Project (college students) discipleship time.
Lunch is served at 12 so I need to be in the kitchen around 10:30 to get it going.
After lunch is cleaned up (around 2) I usually have a couple hours of down time - great to catch a quick nap, do a load of laundry, go for a walk, email/blog/facebook, read & pray, etc.
Dinner is served at 6 so I need to be in the kitchen around 4:30 to get it going.
Every night after dinner there is fireside time.
On rainy nights it is held in the chapel, with the wood-burning stove going. This might be my favorite time of the day. The group sings worship songs and has some discussion time and reflection on the day. Many of the staff stay after for fellowship. It's been a wonderful time of encouraging conversations and getting to know people better. I'm *trying* to deal better with being cold and smoky smelling. It's good to have a nice hot shower before bed, and thankfully there's a washer and dryer right in the house I'm staying in!
So, now you know what I have been up to.
The college students here are amazing! Most of them did not know each other before arriving, but have meshed very well. They have very positive attitudes and I've seen them building each other up. There's a lot of musical talent and they even sing and dance while doing dishes. They've been a huge help to me in the kitchen and to others around camp too.
Please pray for the Timothy Project (high school students) who arrive tomorrow evening.
I would like to hear what's going on with you!
1 comment:
wow sounds like a full and very busy day...lots of activity crammed into 16 hours or so?
now i am singing "to rest in it nest in it FULLY be BLEST in it following my FATHER'S WILL" LOVEYOUMUCH AMY & 'uncle' jim to u too!!!! keep singing praise to the Lord come on everybody!
Post a Comment