Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pajama Day!

Yesterday was one of "those" days. You know the kind, where there's lots of little things that one at a time might not be discouraging, but all together can really knock you for a loop. So, yea...I was definately kind of loopy!


I got home from work around 6 and collapsed on the futon for a little pity party. I thought to invite you but it really was not a fun time so please don't feel like you missed out on anything. Soon enough I fell asleep there for a couple of hours. I wish I could say I felt better when I got up, but I didn't. For some reason I still wanted to "nurse those wounds" a bit longer. So I had a light supper (YAY for leftovers) and got caught up on reading my friends' blogs and played a few Facebook games before heading up to bed early, all the while grumbling out some "woe is me" type laments. Pitiful, right?


Now I don't normally sleep well and last night was no exception. I did sleep longer, but still not well. That means I woke up tired again. And crabby. And sore...all...over. So I made the decision that instead of exposing the rest of the world to my bad attitude I would just stay home. Since I was staying home there was no reason to get dressed, and today became a pajama day. I love pajama days and have not had one in a very long time.

After grousing around bored for a couple of hours (I really need to get cable service), I realized that it would be a shame to totally waste this day so I opened the windows, put on a CD and started some organizing projects. The bookshelves got rearranged, some old papers were filed or tossed, a care package was put together to go in the mail, and I emptied off the stairs leading up to my bedroom. That last part was the biggest accomplishment of the day, as the corner where the are usually becomes a "catch all" for things that I don't know what else to do with at the time!



I loaded up the car with things that did not need to be in the house anymore: recycling and thrift shop donations in the back seat, outgoing mail and store returns in the front seat.



Once I felt I was done for the day, I went to pick up a movie from Redbox (Life as We Know It)and a frozen pizza (Red Baron's philly cheesesteak) to cook for dinner. Both were pretty good. Yes, I went in my pajamas. With a coat on. No big deal.


Here's some after pictures of my work today.
And I'm in a much better mood now.
Nothing like spring cleaning to put a smile on your face.
Tomorrow is another day. Bring it on!






This cabinet was used as a tv stand before I got a bigger tv.
Now it is being repurposed as craft and stationery storage.









Above that cabinet is a card board, filled with lots of Encouragment, and Thank You, and I Love You notes from friends, staff, campers, and other guests!








These hanging pockets are from IKEA and can hold just about anything.
Very practical for keeping items tucked away but still easily accessible









This magazine rack is also from IKEA and matches the hanging pockets.
I keep all my magazines in the living room but this is good for holding my iron, and sometimes purses and stray socks.






FINALLY! A clear path all the way up the stairs.
Let's see how long it stays that way....

4 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't in the greatest mood, but the organization looks GREAT! Isn't it awesome to get things in order?

Love and hugs to you!

Beth said...

I think Sabrina said it all. How sad that you were having a rough day, but look what you did! I'd ask you to come here and help me get better organized, but with moving soon there's no point. Maybe when we get to Jersey and you're there visiting again. ;)

Denise Keegan Frawley said...

i love organizing and nice job done and funny that u went out in your pj's too! did you enjoy the movie, i thought it was cute!

Lisa said...

I didn't realize you had so many stairs!