Friday, March 18, 2011

Retreat Food (Thursday)

I thought it would be fun to blog about my menu for a weekend, and give you an idea of the kind of meals I serve. We have a group of 35 men here now. They are one of my favorite groups because they eat well (and a LOT) and are very friendly and vocally appreciative of my work.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day so I made the "traditional" corned beef and cabbage dinner, complete with boiled red potatoes, carrots, and soda bread. I think it was only my 2nd time ever making this meal but it came out well. There were about 10 potatoes left so I brought them home and mashed them. I love mashed potatoes!

Dessert was a fudgy brownie with creme de menthe frosting. It tasted like a Shamrock Shake!










3 comments:

Denise Keegan Frawley said...

food looks good! Tom made cornbeef too, but last saturday in the slow cooker! Also, yea shamrock shake!!

Miss Hannah said...

I did mine in the slow cooker too. Makes it so easy and frees me up to do everything else!

'Round the Chuckbox said...

How do you cook it? Stovetop or in the oven? I often bake it in the oven in water or stock.