This afternoon YAA hosted Souper Sunday.
We invited the C&MA church in our town and it's sister church in the next town over.
(Russell, why are they always called sister churches?)
Over 100 people came for good eats and fellowship.
I set tables with our "finest china" and baked loaves of French Bread.
The new napkin holders look great.
Each family was asked to bring a crock pot of soup.
There were plenty of yummy soups, stews, and chowders to go around.
The crackling fire provided a great background for conversations.
In fact, this is where we usually have our staff meetings!
(FYI...I helped build this fireplace. And by helped, I mean I got to hold 1 small section of stone in place for a short amount of time. Plus I fed all the workers for a week. That counts, right?)
Notice the stone work spelling out YAA.
Our beverage bar had coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available.
We really need to finish off the wall behind it.
We really need to finish off the wall behind it.
I suggested a bright, colorful tile mosaic.
One other option is stone to match the fireplace.
Of course, no snowy day at camp would be complete without a run on the tubing hill!
A good time was had by all.
We are thankful for this enjoyable day with good friends.
5 comments:
The thought of all those soups, stews and chowders makes me drool! Yummy! Glad it was such a great day. :)
I was at a similar event hosted by the SALT group in Randolph called "Soups On" on a Sunday Afternoon in Feb. The guys made the soup (i made asparagus soup) and the girls brought salads and desserts. Lottsa great soups and some interesting salads
soup rules! I mostly love the creamy chowder types or cream of broccoli, mushroom, asparagus, etc!
I could try to give some deeply theological answer to your question about how the church is the bride of Christ and therefore appropiate to speak of it in feminine terms and thus the 'sister' church thing....but in reality, I have no idea. I think it's kind of like calling a boat a 'she'...its just the way that we speak of churches...
Post a Comment