Wow, it's been 10 days since I last wrote. Someone should have nagged me. LOL
I have been busy busy with work and life and other stuff like that.
Some news I can share is that I have been selected to lead a food service director's workshop at the Christian Camp and Conference Association's Northern Rockies and Northwest Super Sectional Conference!
Go ahead...take a moment to be very impressed. I'll wait. : )
Back already? OK
To be honest, it's not that I was hand selected for my amazing skills (but only because I'm new to the camping industry). Rather our director got one of those "does anyone know anyone who would be willing and able to do this" emails which he passed on to me. I replied to get more info and before I knew what happened I was signed up to speak. So, yea, I will be doing the presentation "5 meals for under $3. per person". Once I'm done being scared and worried about it I'll be excited. Maybe. I hope. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME
According to the CCCA's website "Education and encouragement await you at this conference. The valuable event, designed for camping leaders, features seminars, networking opportunities, worship times, exhibits and more. Don't miss this opportunity for personal refreshment and professional enrichment. " Sounds good!
The conference will be Feb. 14 - 17 at The Coeur d'Alene Resort (http://www.cdaresort/) in Idaho, which is supposed to be a very upscale place. It will almost be like a mini-vacation.
I'll try to post my menus and recipes, and get some pictures or a video of me in action.
Well, I have 30 people to cook breakfast for so I'm going to call it a night.
Be back soon.
1 Peter 4:10-12 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
5 comments:
Wow!! That is awesome Hannah, congrats to you. I know you'll so great and your good at speak in front of a group of people cause you done it a few times when you were talking about your MT experience. Plus you'll be doing what you love to do cook!! Also, you'll be in the spud state!! Remember to take pictures!!
So cool! It's awesome to see the opportunities that God is blessing you with. Please do share more about how it goes and any tips you have for those of us that might not be quite as skilled in the kitchen!
Allow me also to offer congrats on this sub-adventure to the Adventure. Another little sign that you are where God wants you. Looking forward to the menu and pics. If you're not careful. you'll get a good enough rep for the Food Network to track you down!
I'm impressed already with the name...CCCA's NRNWSS Conference. I don't know that I could EVER remember all that 8O
Happy with you, proud of you, and praying for you!! :)
Awesome, Hannah! Congratulations! I'll be praying for you, because I know getting up and speaking used to be daunting for me as well. But I have faith that you'll do GREAT because God will be up there with you! Just relax and have fun and God will do the rest.
Post a Comment