Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A day in the life of me

Just in case you were wondering what it is I do all day (sometimes I wonder that myself), here is a general breakdown of how I spent today.

Breakfast
Advil (for headache)
Bible Study
Gas Station (had an "I miss NJ moment" when I was pumping my own gas in very cold temp)
Grocery Store
Lunch
Advil (for same headache)
Merchandising the Camp Store
Got a cup of fru-fru coffee (creme brulee)
Watched Ellie's basketball game
Went to Michaels to pick up some decorative items that I need for tomorrow but did not think of until today (Funny story...They did not have all that I needed out on their shelves so I asked one of the employees to see if there was any more in stock. She was happy to check and came back to tell me "There's no more in stock but we have some on order." Great. When will they be in? She said "Either Thursday or next month." Yea, that's not helpful.)
Went to JoAnn fabrics to pick up the decorative items that I need for tomorrow but did not think of until today. They had all I needed and for a better price. YAY The cashier was very nice too even though it was right before closing when I was ready to check out.
Came home
Started a load of laundry
Had some cheese and crackers (since I was not hungry for dinner at dinner time and now 9:30 is too late for a meal)
FORWARD THINKING:
Wrote a blog entry
Finished the laundry (and maybe even put clothes away)
Painted the decorative items that I need for tomorrow but did not think of until today
Read the cash register instruction manual (all 163 pages of it)
Made tomorrow's to-do list - it's a biggie
Had a "why did I get myself involved in the store project" moment or two
Prayed
Slept (hoepfully well so there's no headache again tomorrow)


Not every day is this exciting. LOL
Most days there's things to do in the office: staff meetings and paperwork and purchase orders and such. And when we have guests there's a trip to Costco and lots of kitchen work.

So, if you think of it, please pray for me a bit extra this week. There is a A LOT to get done before Friday afternoon. I want to do it well and joyfully!

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

Sorry about the headache, Hannah. I am reading this blog at this strange hour (1:10 a.m.) because I have one of my famous headaches and it's keeping me awake. I'm about to go take some Aleve. Otherwise, it sounds like your day was full of interesting occupations. Creme brulee coffee sounds pretty good. : )

Susan Clark said...

Sorry about the headache, Hannah. I am reading this blog at this strange hour (1:10 a.m.) because I have one of my famous headaches and it's keeping me awake. I'm about to go take some Aleve. Otherwise, it sounds like your day was full of interesting occupations. Creme brulee coffee sounds pretty good. : )