Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Look What I Can Do...part 2

Yesterday I had a pretty good "Look what I can do moment". I wanted to put together my new home theater system. (Now before you go off worrying that I am wasting lots of money, let me say that it was 75% off as a WalMart deal of the day before Christmas, and was cheaper than buying just a dvd player which is what I needed and was actually shopping for.)

This is the page of directions I had to work with:





Yup, just a little black and white drawing with a bunch of connection lines. The first 5 pages of the instruction book were how to put batteries in the remote and not electrocute yourself and other fun stuff like that.



Now I am somewhat of a technically challenged person. As I unpacked the box and noticed the big bag of wires I got a bit scared and my 1st thought was "maybe I'll let Paul do this for me". Then I decided to at least TRY it. How hard could it be, right? It was actually not that hard at all. My only big mistake was to do it in the middle of my the living room floor. Then I had to UNdo it and REdo it in the tv stand - so all the cords and such were hidden through the handy holes in the back of the unit. By the way, I assembled that tv stand myself last week!

Tonight seemed like a great time to "christen" the new set up and I went to rent one of my favorite movies. It was not available at the store. Dang it! So I got Over the Hedge instead. Still good for a laugh.


Has anyone has made it through both blogs today and can guess which movie I really wanted? There's a really good prize for everyone who guesses correctly by midnight tomorrow. To be fair, email the answer to me instead of posting it.
Only 1 guess per person so make it a good one : )



No comments: