I started this as yesterday's post but put it on hold to gather my thoughts a bit better!
Does anyone remember the show MadTV? I used to really like watching the segments with Stewart. He was a "special boy" and always announced his "abilities" with the phrase 'Look what I can do'.
Here's a best of Stewart compilation for when you need a few laughs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l5etjhNyUI&feature=related
Lately I have been feeling like Stewart. I have to say I am very spoiled to work with people who are almost always willing to do almost anything to help me out - whether I want that help or not! I'm very grateful for all they do, but I have been purposeful to try not to take advantage of that generosity. This has left me with the exciting challenge of trying to do things for myself. When I do accomplish a goal or finish a project I give a little celebratory "look what I can do" cheer. To myself. And when other people comment or compliment on something I have done I find myself being quick to say "I did that" or "I made them" or "yup, that's my good work right there". Which I think is ok. Sometimes.
Where do we draw the fine lines between exessive humility, accepting praise gracefully, and being boastful? After all, God has given each one of us a unique set of skills and talents and we better be using them! It's also our responsibility to be encouraging one another and building them up.
How have you been blessed by someone lately?
How can you use your gifts to be a blessing to someone else?
2 comments:
I dont know your email Hannah! lol But here is a guess anyways ;) Letters to God?
^^^ANONYMOUS^^^ Who are you?
That was a good guess. I liked that movie but have seen it pretty recently.
Post a Comment