Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Day After...

It's January 2nd. How many of you have already "broken your resolutions"?

There's a fun song by Christian artist Carolyn Arends called New Year's Day. I tried really hard for a long time to figure out how to link it to here with a playlist or through itunes or something (since there's no YouTube video) but I could not do it. So much for my goal of always finishing what I start! Anyways, here are the lyrics so you have an idea of what I'm talking about:

I buy a lot of diaries
Fill them full of good intentions
Each and every New Year's Eve
I make myself a list
All the things I'm gonna change
Until January 2nd
So this time I'm making one promise

CHORUS:
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day

I believe it's possible
I believe in new beginnings
'Cause I believe in Christmas Day
And Easter morning too

And I believe it's doable
'Cause I believe in second chances
Just the way that I believe in You

This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This could start a revolution
Every day is...

One more chance to start all over
One more chance to change and grow
One more chance to grab ahold of grace
And never let it go

Lamentations 3:22 -23 says
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

Each day we should resolve to do our best for God. No matter how much we think we let Him down, He is always there to pick us up and help us start again. He wants His best for you! Will you let Him give it to you?

1 comment:

Stephanie Nikolopoulos said...

i love the idea of each day being a fresh start. even if we broke our resolutions yesterday, we can try again today.