Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy NaBloPoMo

What exactly is NaBloPoMo? I asked myself the very same question just this morning when I read about it on a friend's blog. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month! And since I have been recently reminded several times of my neglect of this blog (sorry, friends) I decided to jump on the bandwagon and commit to writing EVERY DAY this month. Who knows...the habit just may stick past the end of November. I would not start holding your breath just yet though ; )



October was filled with wonderful adventures here in Montana. I learned how to set and empty mouse traps and how to skin a deer. Both very practical skills to have.


We had about 4 feet of snow total so far, with some very warm days in-between. The snow looks absolutely beautiful on the mountains! We get quite a bit more here in the canyon than the center of town gets. Thankfully my car only got stuck once - on a camp road. Unfortunately, the early cold and snow meant that there was not much in the way of Fall foliage to enjoy. Not that they get a lot of pretty colors here anyway, but all there was this year was brown. Thanks to everyone who posted their East Coast Fall pictures on FB for me to enjoy!







We have had guests here almost every weekend, which is great. I enjoy planning menus (especially for the ladies) and doing their cooking. I am very blessed to have such great co-workers who jump in to help out with dish washing. I really could not do my job well at all without them, and we have fun together!



During the weeks I had the opportunity to take several day-trips for sightseeing. I have lots of pictures of the beauty of God's creation. Pictures only show a fraction of how amazing everything looked.









These two are from Yellowstone National Park (which is technically in Wyoming, but it still counts as a Montana adventure to me). The 1st one is the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. The 2nd one is Old Faithful in the middle of an eruption.


So now you are a little more caught up with my life. Tune in tomorrow for more!

No comments: