Monday, November 2, 2009

How Much is Enough?

Luke 12:48b says "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

I heard a message in church last week that has been on my mind quite often since then. Pastor challenged us to ask God how we can use what He has given us a lot of. So I started thinking about what it was I had a lot of:
Money...Time...Clothes...Food...Love...Compassion...Talent...

How will I go about using these abundances to bless others?

Why do I still find myself craving MORE when I already have so much?

The thoughts hit me hard yesterday as I was packing up and feeling convicted by the visual reminder of just how much STUFF I have. Not that stuff is bad in and of itself, but my deisre to hold on to so much of it is not so good.

I was listening to music while I worked and this song came on. Very appropriate and I thank God for His timing. Sit still and listen to it. Reflect on the words. Will you let God be ENOUGH for you? Please pray that I do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9RIbaa87I&feature=related

(if this does not work as a link, copy and paste in your browser)

No comments: