Friday, June 10, 2011

American Food Holidays: Triple Play

Today is National Herb and Spice Day!
I always cook with herbs and spices so that was an easy one to accomplish.

Today is National Iced Tea Day!
For lunch I brewed up a few gallons of hot tea and made some sweet iced tea.
It even got the "approval" of our staff from the South.

Today is National Black Cow Day!
After supper we had black cows for dessert. It was a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a layer of chocolate syrup all swimming in root beer. The milk plus carbonation combination created a foamy head. Tasty fun : )












Camp Menu
*The camp staff called today "a most excellent food day".
Not sure how I'm going to top that!


B) French Toast


Bacon
Applesauce


L) Philly Cheesesteak on Sourdough Hoagie
Tater Tots
Broccoli Soup
Celery Sticks and Baby Carrots
Torched S'mores


D) Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
Green Beans


Caesar Salad
Caramelized Onion Focaccia
Black Cows

2 comments:

Jack McKenzie said...

Love you try and incorporate the food holidays into your menu. Monday in Lobster day on one calendar and the 15th is this one -
http://www.gone-ta-pott.com/national_kitchen_klutzes_of_america_day.html .
Hope it won't appy to you!

Miss Hannah said...

I think you have the days mixed up on those 2 events.
My staff is enjoying this, and look forward to each day's treat.

One of the high school kids even came into the kitchen early this morning and asked if he could write the holiday out. (Each morning I put the day's day, date, and "holiday" on our kitchen white board.)