Saturday, June 18, 2011

I took the easy way out..

Today is National Cherry Tart Day!
It's also International Picnic Day!

It was also my day off and since I think an International holiday outranks a National holiday, I went with the Picnic Day celebration. Actually, our assistant director was already planning to take the staff to a park for some play time and an authentic smoked bbq dinner. A bbq is like a hot picnic so that counts. Right?

Plus we're having a Greek style lunch tomorrow and I wanted to start the baklava tonight since it takes so long to assemble and bake and cool and soak and cool again. Let me tell you that right now my kitchen smells AMAZING!

I did purchase all the cherry tart ingredients so I will (hopefully) be making some soon.

We have overnight camp for 3rd and 4th graders starting tomorrow and day camp for 1st through 5th graders starting on Monday so it will be crazy busy FUN around here.
Please pray for our campers and staff - for health and safety and clear gospel presentations and good relationships.


Camp Menu
(I can only base this on what I left them to eat)

B) Bagels and English Muffins with spreads
Nutri Grain Bars
Special K Bars
Leftover Egg Pizza
Fruit

L)Sandwich Fixins (ham, turkey, salami, American, Swiss, Provolone)
Leftover Burgers
Sun Chips
Baby Carrots and Celery Sticks
Leftover Desserts (chocolate cake, fudge, gelatin)

D) Pork Chops
Green Beans
Corn on the Cob

1 comment:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Yep, those kids do sure eat well with you on kitchen duty, Hannah! I will keep your campers in my prayers.