Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Double Fail? Not Exactly.

Today is National Onion Ring Day!
Today is National Chocolate Eclair Day!


My work day was pretty much non-stop busy (for 13 hours) so even though I had great recipes and good intentions I just did not have any extra time to make these treats.

On the plus side I did make a yummy birthday cake for one of our kids and his chubby cheeked little face lit up with a huge smile when everyone sang to him. Good times.

A happy camper is WAY more important than a food challenge. I'm learning to not "beat myself up" over things that I don't do and things that don't meet my high standards.


Camp Menu

B) Coffee Cake
Oatmeal with Toppings
Oranges

L) Pizza: Cheese and Pepperoni (and the kitchen staff special: chicken, bacon, ranch with sundried tomatoes)
Caesar Salad
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (for the campers)
Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Cookie Bars (for the staff)

D) Baked Chicken Tenders
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Apple Wedges with Caramel Sauce

2 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

I like what the kitchen staff had for lunch today! Pizza with sundried tomatoes....sounds yummy!

'Round the Chuckbox said...

Ditto Sabrina ... the trick is to figure out how to combine onion rings & eclairs. You could run a camp version of Chopped.