Monday, June 13, 2011

bork bork bork

Today is Kitchen Klutzes of America Day!

My 1st thought was "WAHOO...nothing special to cook".
My 2nd thought was "Oh Crap...it might be one of those days".

Breakfast went off without a hitch.

Then came lunch. I was planning to make macaroni and cheese. While assembling the ingredients to bake, I got caught up in several different conversations. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure not all the quantities were added correctly. Into the oven the pans went anyway. As a side note, our oven has been a bit wonky lately and not holding steady temps. Well about 2/3 through the bake time the oven had a hot flash or something causing the milk in the pans to boil over. Now the pans were tightly covered with foil so how it got out of there is beyond me. The boiled over milk ened up all.over.the.oven.floor and quickly burned to a crisp filling the kitchen with smoke. Yea, that's always fun. So, I took the pans out and deemed them "done enough". Despite the overflows they were still soupy but the noodles were fully cooked. I don't normally like to serve less than perfect but there was no time left to do anything about it.

We served it with a slotted spoon and everybody loved it. A few even compliment the smoky smell (saying it made the bbq chicken more authentic). Go figure! I really do work in the best place ever. My dilemma now is how to duplicate this "disaster" to make it that good again.

I did save all the extra sauce thinking that I can mix it with yesterday's leftover ham and a starch to make a nice casserole.

One of my high school staffers came into the kitchen just before supper saying that he was bored and wanted to help out. So he cleaned out the oven for me. We really do have the best staff ever.

The only dinner problems were some raw spaghetti noodles dropped on the floor (since I did not realize the bag was already open on the opposite side of the one I was trying to open), and some salad ingredients that slid off the cutting board or came short of the trash can. I gave the floor a good sweeping after all that.

Here's a fun video of one of my all time favorite kitchen klutzes. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OfsABOGw3c

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day : )


Camp Menu

B) Scrambled Eggs
Leftover French Toast with Leftover Sausage Gravy
Grapefruit
Cantaloupe
Cereal

L) Baked Chicken Drumsticks - plain or with bbq sauce
Macaroni and Cheese
Celery Sticks and Baby Carrots
Leftover Peanut Butter Cookies

D) Spaghetti and Meatballs
House Salad

1 comment:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Gotta love the Swedish Chef! My favorite is the chocolate moose ;)