Monday, June 6, 2011

National Applesauce Cake Day (and a new camp favorite)

Today is National Applesauce Cake Day!



I found a recipe in the Food For Fifty cookbook that we have. The cake was full of raisins and walnuts and had a cream cheese frosting. It was good, but not exciting enough for me to want to put it on my make-often list.





Lunch today was a baked chili and cornbread dish. Very easy and tasty.




Supper today was "YAA-FIL-A" sandwiches. Soooo yummy!

We have some people on staff from the South and they are huge Chick-Fil-A fans. Unfortunately there are no Chick-Fil-A restaurants anywhere near here. Being the wonderful person that I am, I located a copycat recipe for their sandwiches. The ingredients were surprising but it worked. Let me tell you, it got rave reviews. I served the fresh fried chicken on a buttery grilled bun with toppings (lettuce, onion, pickles, mayo, mustard, honey mustard, ranch, spicy fry sauce) on the side so each person could customize their own. Baked crinkle cut fries and a leftover dessert bar completed the meal. This one is definately a keeper!


The only hard part was that I did my frying in a 12" electric skillet which made the cooking process take a long time (since only 4 or 5 pieces fit at a time). Maybe it's time for the camp to buy a fryer. Maybe...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I CAN"T WAIT TO TRY YOUR FOOD SEE YOU THURSDAY