Today is National Cheese Day!


Today is National Frozen Yogurt Day!
Blueberries in the blender

Cooking with sugar and lemon juice - great swirls of color

Cooled with milk and yogurt added
It needs to be in the freezer overnight. I'll post the results tomorrow.
Cheese is one of the best foods ever. Really! So many great flavors and ways to enjoy them. But since I got a late start on this food-day adventure I chose to keep it simple and make a grilled cheese sandwich. Not just any grilled cheese, an EPIC grilled cheese. Yes, I know epic is a grossly overused and already outdated word but it seemed appropriate.
What makes this sandwich special is an extra slice of toast in the middle. This is a classic American on White bread. Can you see how it is just oozing with cheeseyliciousness?
Today is National Frozen Yogurt Day!
I have never made frozen yogurt before and I don't have a machine that makes it. Thankfully I found an easy recipe using ingredients that I already had that could be made in a saucepan.(http://www.ehow.com/way_5313162_frozen-yogurt-recipe.html)
Blueberries in the blender
Cooking with sugar and lemon juice - great swirls of color
Cooled with milk and yogurt added
I'm hoping it's better than the spinach ice cream!
Today is National Cognac Day!
I didn't make anything special for this, so here's a website with some info for anyone who might be interested. (http://www.cognac-world.com/)
2 comments:
I wish I'd known about National Cheese Day. I absolutely positively L-O-V-E cheese! My favorites are sharp (or extra sharp) cheddar and pepper jack. Delish! :)
I concur! Cheese is awesome.. made myself a fancy grilled cheese today with 2 slices of american cheese basil and roasted pepper.. it was sooo good!
Post a Comment