Tuesday, June 7, 2011

National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!

Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!

To celebrate I got a box of Healthy Choice fudge bars to serve as dessert after supper. It's kind of cheating on my project but I don't have an ice cream maker (yet?) and all my free time today between lunch and dinner was spent at Costco anyway.


Camp Menu:
B) bagels, english muffins, fruit, cereal, fresh baked muffins (blueberry, maple bacon, lemon poppy), yogurt and granola

L) cream of broccoli soup, chicken fajita bar, rice, black beans, beef nachos with cheese sauce, baby carrots, celery sticks

D) make-your-own sandwich bar (wheat bread, hoagie roll, toasted burger bun, croissant, turkey, ham, salami, swiss, provolone, american, lettuce, tomato, red onion, banana pepper, jalapeno, mayo, mustard, honey mustard, ranch, zesty fry sauce), pesto pasta salad with fresh mozz and sundried tomatoes, chips, baby carrots, celery sticks and fudge bars

3 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

After that post, I'm starving! :)

'Round the Chuckbox said...

The menu sounds good. How do you set up the sandwich bar?

Miss Hannah said...

I drained and iced one of my steam tables, then made one hotel pan of meats, one of cheeses, and one of lettuce and tomato. All of our dressings/condiments are in squirt bottles. Little things like pickles go in small bowls right on the counter. It's not too fancy but very practical. Works well for a staff meal.