Today is National Gingerbread Day!
I don't know about everyone else but I usually only think of gingerbread at Christmas time. Here's a picture of some gingerbread cookies I made this past December.

They were decorated to look like all of our full-time staff members and their families. Each person got to take their cookies home with them. I'm "the one" in the purple dress.
With today being too busy (and too nice out) for me to roll and cut and decorate enough cookies for our Summer staff, I decided to do gingerbread bars instead. The Land O Lakes website had a simple recipe (http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1068/easy-gingerbread-bars) that was delicious. Best part is that it called for sprinkles. A little friend once told me that sprinkles are candy confetti and they make everything better. I agree! Red and green sugars seemed appropriate for a Christmasy cookie. There were requests for me to make them again soon. I guess gingerbread is not just for the holidays anymore!
1 comment:
Looks delicious! :)
Post a Comment