
The top ones had chocolate powdered sugar - which later turned into a decliciously fudgy mess - and the bottom ones had cinnamon sugar. This was only my 2nd attempt at making donuts (the 1st try was an epic fail) and they came out pretty good. Next time I will make dough the night before so they have more time to rise, and perhaps frost them and add sprinkles. Because really, sprinkles make everything better!
The idea of "National (some kind of food) Day" intrigued me so I did some research to find the origin. Along the way I got distracted - as always - but did end up finding a great list of American Food Drink Days at http://www.tfdutch.com/foodh.htm. That inspired another great idea. I have challenged myself to make something each day that co-ordinates with the food being honored. The people around camp are pretty excited about this and many have volunteered to be taste-testers.
1 comment:
To quote Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmmm...donuts!" :)
Post a Comment